• HIGHLIGHTS •
Short & dynamic activity tour
Elaphiti Islands exploration
Home cooked cuisine
Swimming in secluded coves
Snorkel the Blue cave
Medieval historical sites
Top Kayaking equpment
TOUR LENGTH: 5 Days, 4 Nights
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE POINT: Dubrovnik
INCLUDED IN TOUR PRICE: 4 nights of private accommodation,
*Drinks are not included in tour price, except with breakfasts.
ACCOMMODATION: Guest house double or twin rooms with attached private bathrooms, free wifi and air conditioning.
TOUR PRICE: 4550 HRK / 612€ / $700 / 530£
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT: 700 HRK / 95€ / $110 / 85£
OPTIONAL FULL MEAL PACKAGE: 700 HRK / 95€ / $110 / 85£
This package turns your trip into care-free full meal deal. It includes 3 lunches at local restaurants and 2 home cooked dinners with our host in private setting additional to our standard meal plan price.
NOTES: We require a minimum of 2 persons to run this tour. If you’re a solo traveler, please get in touch with us before booking online.
Prices are fixed in Croatian Kuna (HRK). Prices displayed in foreign currencies are informative only, and liable to exchange rate fluctuations.
Breather Tour is a shorter version of our Classic Kayaking Adventure, and is based around the island of Lopud, which has several beautiful sandy beaches, no cars and great places to eat and sleep. Our idea is to have daily kayaking trips from a home base — you’ll stay in the same place nightly so no need to fret over moving constantly. These kayaking trips are easily enjoyed by all beginner kayakers and cover from eight to fifteen kilometers per day (or two to four hours total in the kayaks) … which means there is plenty of time put aside every day for lunch, dinner, snorkeling, hiking, and exploring.
We keep to small groups (up to 8 people per group) all of our tours are very flexible, we can also adjust the daily schedule to be more active and more interesting to experienced kayakers as well. If you only have a couple of days to enjoy our beautiful Dalmatian coast and are eager to explore while kayaking this is the perfect activity tour for you.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THIS TOUR
“We did the Breather short tour as we didn’t have time for the full week tour and it certainly didn’t disappoint. I’ve done a few kayaking trips in Croatia before but a few aspects really stuck out when I made the decision to go with this company, first was it was cheaper than the competition, the second is the equipment is top quality, carbon fibre paddles, really nice kayaks and spray skirts. I also felt like the guide put in that much more effort because he was actually one of the company managers! His real focus was on makinf sure we had the best trip possible and not worrying about getting home and finishing work. this meant we did some additional kayaking going out to the lighthouse off Lopud. Only downside is he wasn’t really able to keep up with the beers!”
Visited July 2013
“As part of a family of 6, we all had a fabulous time with Outdoor Croatia on our three day island tour. Excellent and professional service from day 1. As we were a private party and first time kayakers Marko and the team were happy to adapt the day plans to our preferences and very much made it our experience. Safety while on the sea was a priority during ‘training’ which was also reassuring. Accommodation provided was very comfortable and local restaurants in Lopud were well chosen and food was excellent quality. Overall a very good experience and great holiday!”
Visited August 2014
Arrival Day: Airport pick up – Transfer to Lopud – Come together dinner
Breakfast – Kayaking School - Paddle from Lopud to Sunj beach – Lunch – Optional
Breakfast – Paddle from Sunj beach to Kolocep island – Swimming in the Blue Cave –
Breakfast – Paddle from Sunj beach to village of Trsteno – Visit Arboretum, a place where
Departure day: Breakfast – Transfer to the airport
After we pick you up at the airport, we’ll take you to Dubrovnik’s Old Town to relax before boarding the local ferry headed to the island of Lopud at 4pm. On Lopud, we’ll escort you to your accommodations, which you’ll call home during your short break. At dinner that night, the group will go over trip logistics, discuss any necessary arrangements, talk about Croatia, and get to know one another.
After breakfast, we’ll begin our adventure and the first day of kayaking. There will be a thorough explanation of safety techniques, paddle strokes, and kayak management … all tools you’ll soon perfect. We will then get in our kayaks and paddle from the beach to another wonderful sandy beach — Šunj — on the other side of the island. During this introductory paddle, we will work on paddling and get comfortable in our boats. After we port, we’ll have time to swim, snorkel, and jump from rocks, which are all very safe with plenty of deep water. Next, we’ll have lunch at a local spot and then walk back to the apartments, stopping along the way to take in a couple of interesting sights: the ruins of the Church of Our Lady and the Šunj Kaštio Fort. The group will have free time until dinner.
• Main Activity: Sea Kayaking (total kayaking distance – 7 km)
After a hearty breakfast we’ll take a short hike back to our kayaks on Šunj Beach and then paddle across the channel to the island of Koločep. Here we will take out at the magnificent, underwater Blue Cave. Swimming in a single-file line we’ll enter the cave, where the sunlight reflects against the cave’s sandy bottom and creates an otherworldly blue glow. After visiting the cave, we’ll take time to enjoy the natural wonders, snorkel, and dive before kayaking to a private spot on a cliff to enjoy a picnic lunch and soak in our beautiful surroundings. Back in the kayaks, satisfied and with the sun sparkling on the Adriatic, we’ll paddle back to Lopud and get ready for dinner.
• Main Activity: Sea Kayaking (total kayaking distance – 18 km)
Following breakfast, we’ll return to our kayaks and get ready for another great day of paddling. Today we kayak to the beautiful village of Trsteno, which hugs the mainland coast. After securing the boats, we’ll hike up to a 15th century noble family’s villa to visit the arboretum, which is managed by the parks service. The gardens have more than 450 species of plants and is a great place to reflect on the region’s history when the Republic of Dubrovnik once reigned supreme along this area of the coast. After lunch we kayak back to Lopud where the group will have free time for souvenir hunting, ice cream, and a pre-dinner beverage.
• Main Activity: Sea Kayaking (total kayaking distance – 13 km)
After breakfast, the group will take the ferry from Lopud back to Dubrovnik, where guides will either transfer guests to the airport or to a pre-booked hotel if they are staying on for a few days, or weeks, or months.
2021 DEPARTURE DATES
Please inquire by email to learn more about availability of non published dates
HOW TO PACK
- First and foremost, bring water bottles. If you don’t already have your own, you can buy cheap bottled water at any market or kiosk and you can reuse the bottle. Croatian water (from the sink) is very clean.
- Sun block, lotion, and protection is only slightly less important than water. The sun here can be very strong, especially in hot summer months. Sunscreen is for more than making sure you have a great tan. It could save your vacation.
- We also suggest a hat, sunglasses (with a leash), and a long-sleeve T-shirt if you are particularly sensitive to the sun.
- Bathing suits should be worn under your clothes.
- Usually the only thing you’ll need for a kayaking day out is a small towel.
- We provide dry bags for your belongings but boat space is limited. In these bags you can place wallets, clothes, and cameras without fear of water.
- Active sandals (Teva, Merrell, etc.) are great for kayaking, and light hiking. If you don’t have active sandals we will provide you with basic aqua shoes.
- Cash is still the best kind of money in Croatia. Markets will take credit cards but many small restaurants will not. During day trips lunches are included in the tour price, but for any refreshment, gelatto or other snacks you will need a small amount of cash money every day.
- Athough we are in the European Union, Croatian currency is still Kuna (1EUR= 7,67HRK). If you didn’t have time to exchange money before you arrived in Croatia, you can do so at the airport. Exchange rates are more or less the same everywhere. There is also an ATM machine on Lopud island, but no bank or exchange office.
- Mosquitoes are a common summer pest in Croatia, so bring an efficient bug spray with you, it will make the evenings and nights here more pleasant. You can also buy it in local shops in Dubrovnik, but make sure to have it with you before you reach Lopud island, as there is only one shop there and the prices can be very steep during the high season.
TALK TO US
If you would like to call us instead, you can reach us on any of the following telephone numbers:
May 1st - October 31st:+385 (0)20 418 282;
November 1st - April 30th: +385 (0)91 182 8772 or +385 (0)98 919 8968
We are also on Skype: outdoor.croatia; Facebook: /OutdoorCroatia;
This tour has not been scheduled yet. Be first - BOOK HERE
So here it is – the Annual Ride with a difference. Here is a Ride dominated by the sea, mountains and islands with coach, ferry and speed boat transfers which are an integral part of this adventure. Cycling will in the main be on long delightful stretches of quiet good quality roads making navigation easy and relaxed.READ MORE
Dalmatian Odyssey is an amazing sea kayaking tour that will take you from ancient Greek colony of Korcula to one of Croatia’s nine national parks – Mljet, through beautiful Elaphite Archipelago, and finally finishing in the Jewel of the Adriatic – one and only Dubrovnik.READ MORE
Not quite a week-long tour, this Short Kayaking Tour in Croatia is an option for visitors who want to make the most of a long weekend, want to spend time on the sea and kayaking, and are ready to escape the typical tourism offerings.READ MORE
A weeklong Classic Kayaking Adventure Tour is perfect for solo travelers, couples, groups of friends, and families because of its paddling diversity and scent of adventure. We envisioned it as a classic sea kayaking holiday in Croatia.READ MORE
One of our most popular packages, Discover Dalmatia Sea Kayaking Adventure is designed as expedition style sea kayaking tour exploring the south of Croatia.READ MORE
Best of Croatia Tour is designed for adventurers who love to be on the move, see many different places and spend their active holiday in Croatia.READ MORE