|TOUR DIFFICULTY: ★★★☆☆ (15 km total paddling distance)||
• HIGHLIGHTS •
Famous sandy beach Šunj
Swimming in secluded coves
Awe-inspiring limestone cliffs
Top Kayaking equipment
TOUR LENGTH: 9:40am – 7-8pm (8:40am Sunday & Holidays)
INCLUDED IN TOUR PRICE: Ferry tickets, top-end kayaking quipment,
NOT INCLUDED: Lunch (we recommend local restaurants)
TOUR PRICE: 440 HRK / 59 € / $ 69 / 52 £
- Prices are fixed in Croatian Kuna (HRK). Prices in other currencies are informative and liable to exchange rate fluctuations.
NOTES: We require a minimum of 2 persons to run this tour.
Starting from the Dubrovnik Harbor — Gruž — you’ll take the ferry to the island of Lopud. After instructions about kayaking techniques and safety, we’ll begin our circumnavigation of the island, which is famous for its sandy beaches.
Paddling to the southwest, you’ll immediately have views of majestic limestone cliffs towering above. But these Karst phenomena also have a hidden treat awaiting: caves. Our guides will steer you to some of these secret getaway spots, where we can snorkel inside and get an insider’s perspective of the island’s formation.
For those brave souls who also want a bird’s-eye view, these are perfect and safe places for cliff jumping. At the halfway point of our excursion, the group will stop for a lunch at the sandy beach of Šunj. After, we’ll swim, lounge, or try the popular traditional game picigin, something like free-form volleyball played in the water.
Refreshed, we’ll complete the round trip journey before heading back to Dubrovnik in the late afternoon.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THIS TOUR
“I am a New Zealander that has kayaked a few times before, but I was really impressed by Marco’s enthusiasm and knowledge. I felt like I learned so much about my kayaking techniques. The Cliffs and Beaches day tour was fantastic. Beautiful scenery on the Island with really high quality kayaking gear. My favourite part was how Marco was a super nice and chatty guy and had a waterproof camera to take photos of us. He even facilitated my desire to do a cliff-jump. Thank you so much!! My shoulders are still sore from the workout but it is so worth it”
Visited May 2014
“Marko and Ana were the best hosts we could have asked for, even driving us back to our accommodation at the end of the trip and e-mailing us photos taken on the kayak tour. We did the Cliffs and Beaches tour and it was fantastic. The weather was not exactly the best but Marko made sure we had a good time and were warm nonetheless. Ana responded to my numerous emails in order to make very specific arrangements to accommodate our concerns about the weather, safety, and others. I would highly recommend this tour not just for groups of friends but for absolutely anyone, even those traveling solo as there is plenty of time for socializing during the ferry ride to and from Lopud as well as the lunch on one of the smaller islands. Thanks so much!”
Visited May 2014
WHERE TO MEET
Please find instructions of where to meet us on the day of the tour using public transportation or walking bellow. In case you want to book an inexpensive transfer from your hotel or apartement to the meeting point, please send us an email and our staff will get back to you with all the necessary information.
We meet in Gruz harbor, Dubrovnik’s commercial port, to board the morning Jadrolinija ferry. Gruz is a 35 minute walk or a 10 minute bus ride (bus 1A, 1B, or 3) which depart every 10 min from Old City’s Pile Gate (west gate). 15 Kuna to the bus driver or buy a 12 Kuna 1 way ticket at the kiosk.
From Lapad and Babin Kuk, it’s not necessary to come to Old City. The ferry pier is across Gruz Bay, you may walk or bus to the deepest part of the bay, then walk north along the east side of the bay past the morning market (red & white umbrellas), past tourist boats and luxury yachts, to the traffic light next to the ferry pier.
Google Maps link
We meet at the pedestrian traffic light next to the ferry pier. There is a blue & white “Travel Corner” sign, a bus stop, and a sidewalk café. Your guide is wearing a white “Outdoor Croatia” T-shirt with 4 colorful squares. Your ferry ticket is included in your tour price.
HOW TO PACK
- First and foremost - water. If you don’t already have your own, you can buy cheap bottled water at any market or kiosk and you can reuse the bottle. Croatian water (from the sink) is very clean.
- Sun block, lotion, and protection is only slightly less important than water. The sun here can be very strong, especially in hot summer months. Sunscreen is for more than making sure you have a great tan. It could save your vacation.
- We also suggest a hat, sunglasses (with a leash), and a long-sleeve T-shirt if you are particularly sensitive to the sun.
- Bathing suits should be worn under your clothes.
- Usually the only thing you’ll need for a kayaking day out is a small towel.
- We provide dry bags for your belongings but boat space is limited. In these bags you can place wallets, clothes, and cameras without fear of water.
- Active sandals (Teva, Merrell, etc.) are great for kayaking, and light hiking. If you don’t have active sandals we will provide you with basic aqua shoes.
- Cash is still the best kind of money in Croatia. Markets will take credit cards but many small restaurants will not.
- Athough we are in the European Union, Croatian currency is still Kuna (1EUR= 7,67HRK). If you didn’t have time to exchange money before you arrived in Croatia, you can do so at the airport. Exchange rates are more or less the same everywhere. There is also an ATM machine on Lopud island, but no bank or exchange office.
- Mosquitoes are a common summer pest in Croatia, so bring an efficient bug spray with you, it will make the evenings and nights here more pleasant. You can also buy it in local shops in Dubrovnik, but make sure to have it with you before you reach Lopud island, as there is only one shop there and the prices can be very steep during the high season.
TALK TO US
If you would like to call us instead, you can reach us on any of the following telephone numbers:
May 1st - October 31st:+385 (0)20 418 282;
November 1st - April 30th: +385 (0)91 182 8772 or +385 (0)98 919 8968
We are also on Skype: outdoor.croatia; Facebook: /OutdoorCroatia;
Like the title implies, it is a bike tour, but unlike any you’ve ever experienced. We’ll pedal, go down a 5km long downhill, visit ancient sites and enjoy great food with a taste of local wine.READ MORE
You can’t spend every day on the sea. Okay, you can, but a rafting trip on the Cetina River is a different kind of adrenaline adventure and a great way to see a different and beautiful part of the country.READ MORE
If island-hopping and multi-sport experiences make you smile this is the tour for you. Kayak from Lopud and trade your paddle midway through. Bike across Šipan island through vineyards, olive groves, chapels, and medieval villages and stop for a delicious lunch of local delicacies at one of the region’s best kept restaurant secrets.READ MORE
Not everything is about pushing your body to the limit. Sometimes you have to take a moment to enjoy the finer things in life. Perfect for groups who want to pamper themselves enjoying a gourmet lunch while tasting excellent wine.READ MORE
Arches, Caves, and Islands tour is one of our most diverse, most fun, and most popular kayak day tour in Dubrovnik. Kayak to three beautiful islands and two charming villages in the Elaphite Archipelago. Swim & snorkle in the hidden Green Cave, paddle under an awe-inspiring limestone archway, and give yourself to the thrill of exciting cliff-jumping challenge!READ MORE
Paddle along majestic limestone cliffs and enjoy Lopud island famous for its sandy beaches. Cliffs and Beaches is an easygoing sea kayaking tour in Dubrovnik with a treat awaiting – perfect places for cliff jumping and lounging on big sandy Šunj beach.READ MORE